LOCAL AUTHORITY - SOCIAL AND AFFORDABLE HOMES TARGET
Local Authorities in England are setting up targets to build new social and affordable homes every year as part of their housing strategy plans. However to meet these housing targets, innovative funding and construction techniques need to be deployed to provide a fully funded solution to the housing shortage.
In England, there are over 1.1 million households on Local Authority waiting lists.
England needs at least 220,000 new homes each year to keep up with the population growth.
Each and every home built in England, no matter what tenure has the potential to generate over £316,000 in wider benefits for the local economy.
Therefore, the answer to the UK’s housing shortage lies in providing truly flexible housing tenures at every level of affordability.
CURRENT LOW CAPACITY
There is a capacity and a clear skills gap in the construction industry that will not meet the current housing requirements using traditional construction methods.
REDUCED CONSTRUCTION TIMES
The delivery of precision build homes are the key to the resolution of the current housing shortage with a circa 16 week time frame from design freeze to hand over and completion.
- Capital receipts and long-term management revenue stream leveraging on existing resources
- Reduction in housing waiting lists and temporary housing costs
- Differential between LHA and PRS rates
- Housing targets achieved Use of innovative and sustainable construction technologies
DESIGN, ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY
- Precision built units are approximately 20% of the weight of traditional construction methods
- Reduces carbon footprint by up to 90%
- A greener, quieter building using sustainable materials
- Increased thermal insulation – lower energy use
- Design and construction time reduced by over 50%
- No site-related delays, or delays due to bad weather
- Minimum disruption to existing tenants,; no wet trades
- Noise and dust pollution reduced or eradicated
- Heavy plant and machinery not required above ground
- Building control at every phase and approved by third-party inspectors
- Mounting requires only a few workmen, with the virtual eradication of construction accidents and injuries
- The housing units are sustainable developments, compliant to the 2016 London Plan and the Housing Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) and other UK initiatives